Group Managing Director
A visionary with over 30 years of experience, Mehamood has been involved in over $10 billion worth of transaction from varying perspectives. He has routinely been ahead of trends and developed keen investment instincts. He has worked in an advisory or agent capacity with Sovereign Nations, Foreign Governments, Investment Groups & Institutions and Ultra High-Net-Worth Individuals throughout the Middle East, India, China and South-East Asia.
Some of his notable achievements:
- Advised Space City on a $2.5 billion real estate project in Bangalore India consisting of commercial and residential facilities for 54 thousand people and businesses.
- Advised large Malaysian investors in their financing of a $1.2 billion coal power plant.
- Structured a leverage buy-out of over 419 fast food restaurants in South East Asia. Partners included: Development Bank of Singapore, RHB Bank of Malaysia and the Employee Pension Fund of Malaysia.
- Structured a $2.5 billion coal gasification company with GE, Inner-Mongolia Government of China and CME Energy as partners.
- Partnered with the Government of Indonesia to create a Coal to Liquid Energy Joint Venture.
- Negotiated off-take agreements between China National Petroleum, Sinopec, Dow Chemical China, Samsung, Key Energy of Korea and CITIC.
- Worked with Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds and several large US and UK Pension Funds to create structured investment vehicles (Islamic Bonds) which were in compliance with Shariah Law.
In early 2000, Mehamood founded EMT Corporation, a desktop media and browser applications company which was featured in the Wall Street Journal and Business Week magazine. Under his leadership, EMT signed major contracts with clients including the NFL, NASCAR, United talent Agencies, Premier Soccer Leagues in Europe, David Bowie and Muhammed Ali and was well positioned for IPO with Paine Webber/UBS. Mr. Hosein began his career at EMC, where he headed the Internet Division in late 80s.
Mr. Hosein holds a BA in Electrical Engineering from Wenthworth Institute of Technology, a MA in Computer Science from Boston University and completed an Executive MBA leadership program at EMC in conjunction with the Harvard Business School.
Head of Global Private Equity
Dick O'Leary is Group Managing Director and Head of Global Private Equity at Boston Asia Capital.
He also serves on the Board of Directors of Azgen Scientific Holdings, PLC a firm with Life Sciences, Material Sciences and Advanced Technology organizations.
Dick is a seasoned executive and global market leader with success, at both large and small companies, in helping to build organizations that achieve market leadership and industry prominence. Since 1994 Dick has been a strategic advisor to large public and private organizations in the technology and security sectors. As an advisor, Dick helps companies develop and accelerate overall growth strategies, build more productive global distribution channels, and better monetize technology and intellectual property assets. In particular, he has a strong ability to craft and communicate a strategic vision and help build highly focused organizations that deliver substantial new revenue streams.
Previously he served as Global Director for Physical Security Solutions at EMC Corporation. Dick joined EMC to establish a global security solutions group, where he had overall responsibility for setting the strategy, driving execution, and creating best practices for all facets of EMC’s Physical Security Solutions Group. Under his leadership this group successfully grew sales in the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific theaters from a startup organization into an industry leading market share position by expanding from initial sales in the Unites States to include success in such areas as Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, the United Arab Emirates, China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore and Australia.
Dick O'Leary has been widely recognized as a security industry leader and served as advisor to a number of organizations such as the Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA), where he served on the Cloud Computing Task Force, the National Cargo Security Council (NCSC), formerly part of the US Department of Transportation, where he served as Chairman of the Task Force Committee, and the International Security Conference (ISC), where he served on the Education Advisory Board.
Mr. O'Leary began his career helping to grow small companies into multi-million dollar organizations, and he continues to work with a select number of firms to assist in their development. He is an active member of Boston Harbor Angels, where he serves as director, an organization which focuses on high growth, early stage companies and has invested in over 60 companies